Greg Meredith is the President of The RChain Cooperative.
Previously he has worked as Principal Architect of Microsoft’s BizTalk Process Orchestration, Principal Architect of Microsoft’s Highwire offering as well as Principal Architect of ATM Network management solution for ATT/NCR and Co-designer and developer of MCC’s Rosette/ESS technology.
In this episode of The Crunch we speak with Greg about the RChain and it’s technological foundations. RChain is one of the latest blockchain initiatives to try and solve some of the problems plaguing the development of a large-scale blockchain ecosystem. Powered by the Rho Virtual Machine, and secured by Casper proof-of-stake, RCain is partitioned, or sharded by default, forming a network of coordinated and parallel blockchains.
Listen to this interview and learn:
- Important thing about the blockchain
- Why was http 1.0 a stupid approach and how does it relate to crypto currencies
- Why is concurrency so important
- What is a virtual machine
- How do transactions happen
- How Casper proof-of-stake works
- More about blockchain based developer tools
Mentioned in the episode:
- RChain Cooperative – great explanation of RChain technology
- RChain Coop Twitter
- RChain Holdings
- Proof of Stake FAQ – for further information on proof of stakes
Stream the podcast:
Get our free investment thesis
Sign up to get our exact investing strategy, start to finish. It includes our philosophy at Coin Crunch, as well as our top long-term picks.